2020 Application Instructions
Thanks for your interest in the systems biology summer internship. Follow these steps to submit an application. The due date for all materials is February 9th. We look forward to reading your application. Good luck!
1. Create an XID HERE.
- This will serve as your log-in to come back to your application if needed.
- Harvard students: skip this step, you will log-in with your Harvard Key.
2. Once your XID is created, log-in to begin your application HERE.
- Make sure you click on the XID tab at the top.
- Harvard students: enter your Harvard Key info. Make sure you are on the Harvard Key tab at the top.
3. Make sure to complete all questions in the application.
4. Enter contact info for your two references
- Click the button to send each reference an e-mail with a link to upload your reference letter.
- Please let your references know to look out for this e-mail. It will be sent immediately. All reference letters must be uploaded by the application deadline on February 9th.
5. You will upload your materials at the end. Upload each item as a PDF document.
- Your resume or CV
- Your transcripts
- Your essay (answers to the two questions below)
Essay Part 1: Describe your previous research experiences and future academic and career goals.
Essay Part 2: Discuss one of this year's projects/labs and why you find it interesting. What have you learned in your undergraduate research or coursework that makes you interested in this project/lab? (NOTE: Your selection for this essay does not commit you to a certain lab.)
6. Once you click “submit” at the end you will no longer be able to access or make changes to your application.
7. You’re all set! Take a breather. We will be reviewing applications after the deadline on February 9th and will get back to everyone as soon as possible with a decision.
Tech support on the application or website:
Harvard University IT
Questions Regarding the Program:
Brittney Milligan, Internship Coordinator