Welcome to the Department of Systems Biology
Systems biology is the study of systems of biological components, which may be molecules, cells, organisms or entire species. Living systems are dynamic and complex, and their behavior may be hard to predict from the properties of individual parts. To study them, we use quantitative measurements of the behavior of groups of interacting components, systematic measurement technologies such as genomics, bioinformatics and proteomics, and mathematical and computational models to describe and predict dynamical behavior. Systems problems are emerging as central to all areas of biology and medicine.
SysBio on Twitter
- A little-known fact: doing an internship in Systems Biology at Harvard involves having fun. For example, going whale watching together. Apply by Feb 9! This is a paid internship, and we cover accommodation. And boats. t.co/3tEF0erWqt t.co/Ph12OmF2Ml
- Looking for an internship this summer? Apply for the Systems Biology Internship! It's paid, we organize your accommodation, and you'll get to work with really cool people. Deadline Feb 9. t.co/3tEF0erWqt
- 🎃 El 31 de oct no es sólo Halloween... ...sino también la fecha límite 🗓 para inscribirse al puesto de Asst. Prof. en @HMS_SysBio 👇🏼 t.co/OKBag7VdZL Por favor, pida a sus referencias que envíen las cartas de recomendación antes de esa fecha. #SysBioJobs #ScienceJobs t.co/VURL7i9Edn
- 🎃 31 of October is not just Halloween... ...but also the deadline 🗓 to apply for the Asst. Prof. position in #SystemsBiology @HMS_SysBio 👇🏼 t.co/OKBag7VdZL Please submit letters of recommendation before that date to facilitate evaluation. #SysBioJobs #ScienceJobs t.co/AENFVKzHQw
- #SystemsBiology is all about collaboration. 🧫💻 At @HMS_SysBio you will work with a vibrant academic community in a thriving environment. 🔎 Know more about our Assistant Professor position: t.co/OKBag7VdZL #SysBioJobs #ScienceJobs t.co/djI7AFLjsG